Friday, April 13, 2007

Slow Start

Well the fishing season started off nice here, then all of a sudden, it got cold as all he11!. So, while I was being drug through Walmart with the wife and mother-in-law, I decided to stop in the fishing section with the kids, to help put some stuff in their tackle box.

Surprisingly, they had some nice, small-sized jigs, plastics, and other much needed trinkets of disposal. I learned my lesson from last year, and picked up some of the smalled jig bodies I could find, coupled with some really small plastics. Of course, some split shots were in order too.

All in all, as soon as this weather breaks, I can't wait to get the kids out there again. There's a lake in the area that will have some small crappie and blue gill, so I'm sure we'll have much better luck this time.

No comments: